Welcome to Class 3!
Mrs Gibbs- Class Teacher
Mrs Wedley, Miss Carlson and Miss Hinchey- Learning Support Staff
Mrs Evans - PPA Teacher - every Thursday morning
During the Autumn term, our theme will be Stone Age to Iron Age. A knowledge organiser can be found on this page and this will be used to form quizzes in school. Please discuss the knowledge organiser with your child/ren and find out some interesting facts together.
P.E. will be on a Friday afternoon with Pro-Stars and rounders will be on a Tuesday afternoon. Children will need suitable clothing, including footwear for P.E. as we continue to be outside so ensure they have joggers and a jacket, during the cooler months. Earrings must be taking out for all sporting activities. If your child struggles to take their earrings out, please ensure they are taken out at home on P.E. days.
We aim to run for 10 minutes in the afternoon on non-P.E. days as part of the Daily Mile to encourage children to be more active during the school day so please ensure sensible footwear is worn.
Children have each been given a scheme reading book to read to an adult in school. They have also got a free reader book in their packs to be kept in school to enjoy during quiet reading time. I will send books home in a couple of weeks time.
Spellings and times tables tests will be on a Friday afternoon starting Friday 18th September. Lists are for age approprite year groups but I will be recapping previous years' spelling patterns, as part of whole class starters in writing. Spelling list are available to view on this page and Spelling Shed. I will not be sending a paper copy home.
Please remember to continue to use Spelling Shed and Times Tables Rocks. These are fun, interactive games to play online. Children can earn points as they play and I have noticed a huge difference in the spellings of the children who have accessed Spelling Shed.
Logins for these have been send out during the first week of term.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything at any point, then please do not hesitate to ask. It has been lovely to welcome all of the Y4s back into class 3 and welcome our new Y3s. They have settled in really well.
Each week I will update the spellings lists for each year group, along with a task. The lists update on Spelling Shed each week with games to play. Children can create 'hive games' and play against each other of they communicate the codes.
Words /i/ sound spelt /y/
Task- Define the words.
Prefixes il- and ir-
Task- Define each of the words.
Stone Age to Iron Age
Year 3 Resources
Year 4 Resources
Times Tables Resources
- 12 x tables multiplication wheels
- 2, 5 and 10 multiplication wheels.pdf
- 13.7 Year 4 summer term 2 Mat 6.pdf
- 13.7 Year 4 summer term 2 Mat 6.pdf
- 13.7 Year-3-Summer-Term-2-SPaG-Activity-Mat-6.pdf
- 13.7 Dear Adventurer.pdf
- 13.7 art activities.pdf
- 13.7 science Dissolving.pdf
- 13.7 Year 4 Summer Themed Maths Booklet - Questions.pdf
- 13.7 science Fireworks in a Glass.pdf
- 13.7 science Fun With Density.pdf
- 13.7 science Lava Lamp.pdf
- 13.7 The Journey.pdf
- 13.7 The Final Challenge.pdf
- 13.7 The Town of Egarim.pdf
- 13.7 Top Tips from an Advertising Expert.pdf
- 13.7 Vote Michael for Milk Monitor.pdf
- 13.7 Y3-Maths-Mat-6-Medium-Ability.pdf
- 13.7 Y4-Maths-Mat-6-Medium-Ability.pdf
- 29. 6 Y3-Maths-Mat-4.pdf
- 29.6 Amazing Facts About the Human Body.pdf
- 29.6 Days in a year.pdf
- 29.6 Stage 3 Check 10.doc
- 29.6 Stage 4 Check 10.doc
- 29.6 Emma's Puppy Problem.pdf
- 29.6 Story board template.pdf
- 29.6 Y3 Time.pdf
- 29.6 Y4 convert time 2.pdf
- 29.6 Y4 Convert time.pdf
- 29.6 Y4 measure perimeter.pdf
- 29.6 Y4-Maths-Mat-4.pdf
- 29.6 Y4 area.pdf
- Y3 Time on Roman numeral clocks.pdf
- 29.6 Year 4 summer Mat 4.pdf
- 29.6 Year-3-SPaG-Activity-Mat-4.pdf
- 6.7 Story board template.pdf
- 6.7 electrical symbols.pdf
- 6.7 science match the symbols.pdf
- 6.7 Stage 3 Check 12.doc
- 6.7 Stage 4 Check 12.doc
- 6.7 French sports gam.pdf
- 6.7 Y3 maths mat 5.pdf
- 6.7 Y3 count in multiples.pdf
- 6.7 Y3 count in 50s.pdf
- 6.7 Y4 adding 10 crossing 100.pdf
- 6.7 Y4-Maths-Mat-5.pdf
- 6.7 Y4 count in 25s.pdf
- 6.7 Year 3 Fractions Tenths Task Setter Activity Sheets.pdf
- 6.7 Year 4 SPaGMat 5.pdf
- 6.7. French sports mat.pdf
- 6.7.20 Great Galapagos.pdf
- 6.7.20 Incredible Invertebrates!.pdf
- Y4 Convert seconds and minutes.pdf
- 6.7 Year-3 SPaG-Activity-Mat-5.pdf
- 6.7 Year 3 Fractions Tenths Task Setter PowerPoint.ppt
Resources for Y3 and Y4
Encourage story sharing as much as possible. Books can be accessed for free at Oxford Owl.
Tips for reading with your child can be found at Book Trust, where they also recommend several age appropriate books.
In the resource section at the bottom of this page, I have attached the Reading Dogs bookmark, with some useful questions to promote a range of reading skills.
The Literacy Shed has a great selection of prompts for writing and suggested activities under the video clip. See activity sheet for the relevant week to find suggested activities.
PE with Joe Wicks on YouTube at 9am on weekdays is a great way to get moving. It lasts for 30 minutes and includes a warm up, main activities and cool down. You can also watch videos from other days.
Please see above for 'Big Maths' and 'Activity Mats'. These are a great way to cover a range of mathematical skills.
Hit the Button is a free resource that is useful for known facts such as times tables, division facts, number bonds and doubling/ halving.
Times Tables Rocks children have logins to access this. If you need them again, please eschool me and I will get them to you ASAP.
Common Exception Words Spelling Activities Year 3 and Year 4
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 1 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 2 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 3 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 4 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 5 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 6 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 7 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 8 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 9 - Cursive.pdf
- Statutory Spelling Words Activity Mat 10 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 11 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 13 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 12 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 14 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 15 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 16 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 17 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 18 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 19 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 20 - Cursive.pdf
- Spelling Words Activity Mat 21 - Cursive.pdf
- Statutory Spelling List Year 3 and 4.pdf