Steam Mills Primary is a co-educational maintained primary school for pupils aged 4 - 11 years old and our intake (PAN) is 17 in Reception. We follow the National Curriculum and use the Phonics Bugs literacy programme. We have four classes with mixed year groups, but we do not mix Key Stages. We feel our class structure is to children’s advantage because it allows mixed abilities to flourish.
Whilst we maintain a delightful atmosphere in our historic, Victorian building, we have had a recent building programme creating modern intervention rooms and resource areas. We are also surrounded by some of the most outstanding countryside on the planet! We take full advantage of our environment, with Forest School and numerous hunts for bugs, flora and fauna and even bears and dinosaurs!
Aims and Ethos
- To provide a happy, stimulating and enabling environment for both children and staff.
- To ensure continuity and progression in teaching and to encourage the children to think and act both independently and collaboratively.
- To promote skills which enable children to be effective learners.
- To develop the children’s moral, spiritual, social, physical, emotional and cultural awareness.
- To maintain effective relationships within the whole school community.
- To ensure a welcoming atmosphere for all visitors.
- To ensure meaningful liaisons with nurseries, playgroups and secondary schools and to promote positive links with the local community.
- To make children aware of the importance of caring for the environment, through work undertaken in and around the school.
We currently have no spaces in any year group within the school but we do operate a waiting list.
Documents - please click to open
Links - please click to open
- Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy 2016-17 vFeb 17.pdf
- SEND Local Offer Leaflet Nov 2016
- SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITIES INFORMATION REPORT 2016.pdf
- Pupil Premium Report 2016-17.docx
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2016-17.pdf
- Sports Premium 2016-2017.pdf
- Clubs letter
- Behaviour Policy 2016-17.pdf
- Parent handbook.pdf
- SATS Results 2016.pdf
- Feedback from Parent Questionnaire 2016.pdf
- SMSC AUDIT FOR PARENTS.pdf
- How to pay for items on ParentPay
- Equalities Statement.docx
- Adding and using Parent Account credit on ParentPay
- Parent Questionnaire 2015.pdf
- School Meal Debt 2015
- Latest Ofsted Report (Inspection date: 17 January 2012)
- Parking plan.pdf
- Charging Policy 2016.pdf